Wednesday, July 15, 2009




It was a special day to finally have Scott's headstone placed. The buck is a picture Scott had drawn of his boone and crockett. The antler Halla drew. The green granite is from Sage for daddy's favorite color. The day of our appointment to order, I felt like something was missing. That is when the words at the bottom came to me. I felt that Scott wanted us to be reminded of the strengths we have. The strengths he brought to our family, what he has given us. Those words are everything he possesed. They get me through the most difficult days. He was a man who spoke less with words and emotion and most with his actions.

2 comments:

Jani said...

It's beautiful Heather.

Unknown said...

I've been without internet for a few days and am just seeing the headstone now. It's really beautiful and personal. Hope you are all doing well. Think of you often!